( FEATURED OTHERS 'n STUFF )
MEG AND DIA!
WHERE IT BEGAN
ARE THEY SERIOUS?
(how far are we from censorship?)
ONE. . . WHY
(find your social conscience)
CONVERSATION WITH GOD
MEANING OF LIFE
FORWARD THIS ENTRY
(SEE WHAT THE POPE SAYS)
o O ( AND COMING SOON! ) O o
o O ( AND CURRENT EVENTS ) O o
o O ( SOCIAL CONCERNS ) O o
HELP THE RED CROSS
MESSAGES FROM MISSISSIPPI
BLOG FOR RELIEF
NEW ORLEANS JOURNAL
(MIRROR OF N.O. JOURNAL)
(INCLUDING LIVE CAM AND PHOTOS)
HELP AND BE HELPED
LINKS TO HELP
IMAGES FOR HISTORY
New Orleans News
(tell them what you think)
The White House
Senate and Congress
YOU'VE GOT THE RIGHTS
FAT MAN WALKING
SITES I SEE A LOT
Harry Chapin Lyrics
OLD AND NEW READS
(WISH I HAD MORE TIME
TO READ and EXPLORE)
the other side
the memory hole
global news matrix
break for news
are you generic?
the truth laid bear
capitol hill blue
SITES I AM CONSIDERING
SEEING MORE OFTEN
internet public library
home star runner
ill will press
86 the onions
eric conveys emotion
this is true
news of the weird
church of the fsm
the white house
ragged trousered philosopher
the smoking gun
the defective yeti
COMMERCIAL CRAP (AND PRON)
(IF YOU KNOW ONE LET ME KNOW)
(make it real)
PO BOX 780398
Orlando, FL 32878
send me some music
your favorite music
old or new
blissful or blue
let your message come through
and I will love you forever
�2006 Candor Communications
2005-06-18 - 12:25 p.m.
This one is called Sunday Brunch... I have no idea why, but there's five questions a week to answer and that sometimes provides great inspiration for rambling on (with all sorts of odd insights and information I suppose) and sometimes doesn't relate at all... still, it is one of the things to do in an online diary and far be it for me to not include everything there is to do in an online diary at least once in my online diary... right?...
I know I did not expound much in most of the answers and that might mean I'll remember to return sometime to expound more... especially if someone reminds me... for now, without further introductions, it's Sunday Brunch...
Sunday, June 5
Summer is here in Texas with a vengeance...and it's here to stay until late September. We always joke here that we have two seasons here, winter and summer, with a few days of spring and fall thrown in for good measure.
1) What are your plans for the summer? Are you planning on taking any trips or vacations?
work, fun, nothing specific at the moment...
2) What is your favorite summer activity?
sharing fun times with friends (same as any season)... I do love water, playing in it, drinking it, making love in it, singing in the rain...
3) Do you sunburn easily or tan well?
I used to get very very dark when I spent most of my time outdoors as a little child... then I spent some years mostly indoors and developed sunspots or beauty marks or whatever those little pools of melamine stuff are called and now I get semi-dark with some odd lighter spots... I must be getting old or something, but as long as my brain doesn't think so, I'm fine...
4) Do you enjoy the warmth and heat and rejoice in it, or shrivel away from it and stay indoors all summer long?
heat... I live in the semi-tropics and love the tropics... though air conditioning is good too...
5) What is your least favorite thing about summer?
Have a good weekend!
Sunday, May 29
1) Do you enjoy eating out and why?
love it because I love sharing sensual experiences with friends and sharing food is a favorite sensual experience and because I love exploring new places and experiences and because I do not like doing dishes (though I used to love to cook) and don't mind good service...
2) Where is your favorite restaurant?
used to be Annanapoli in Brooklyn, NY until I moved to Florida... then it was Micheal's in Orlando, but it recently closed... now I am not so sure...
3) What are your standards for tipping?
I approximate 20% and round off to the next highest dollar unless the service is really bad and then it depends on my mood and how bad the service is... I have left a tip on a napkin that simply said "full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order"...
4) Do you have one entree, appetizer or dessert that you specifically go out to get at a restaurant from time to time?
many, actually... almost anything Italian, but especially anything parmasean and eggplant is a favorite in recent years... also Chinese... and seafood in sauces and fried... I love sauces and flavors and the past could of weeks have had cravings for Chalupas... and you can never go wrong with chocolate, especially milk chocolate...
5) Describe a horrific experience that you had while dining out.
I tend not to remember horrific experiences...
Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone!
Sunday, May 22
Sorry about the lack of a meme last week, but I was in New Hampshire on vacation and I could not get the Sunday Brunch to publish from my dad's computer. (He has AOL; need I say more?)
The place where we stayed was at a ski resort, so I was inspired to write about winter!
1) Do you live in a place where it snows often? Describe your typical winter and how often it snows/ices/sleets.
winter lasts two weeks and people sometimes put on long pants and get out their long sleeve sweatshirts for night time activities...
2) Have you ever been snow skiing? Where have you gone?
yes, New England, Pennsylvania mostly
3) What is your favorite part of winter?
visiting freshly fallen snow
4) If you had the choice, would you move somewhere where there was a hard winter?
5) What is your favorite winter activity or sport?
roling around in freshly fallen snow with someone who will soon be cuddling in front of a cozy fire with me...
Have a nice weekend!
Sunday, May 8
"A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age." -Robert Frost
1) What is your birthday, what time were you born, what astrological sign are you, and what city and state were you born in?
April 6th, don't know what time (adopted, original papers locked up by courts and laws and maybe destroyed by now), Aries, and Patterson, NJ according to the incomplete paperwork...
2) Are there any famous events or famous people that share your special day?
probably, in fact, definitely, but I don't recall at the moment... besides, I have many special days and some are much more special than my birthdate... one day I'll find my personal calendar, update it, a post if for you...
3) What did you do to celebrate your last birthday?
went to work, slept, fun fun fun...
4) What is your best birthday celebration that you can remember?
my girlfriend and her best friend made me a surprise Sweet 16 party with all the trimmings and traditional acoutrements... tears of joy and much love all around...
5) What is the best birthday present you have ever received?
that party mentioned in #4...
That's all I've got, folks! Have a great day! And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
Sunday, May 1
I just saw Meet The Fockers this weekend, and it really inspired me to do a meme about in-laws! (By the way, it's HILARIOUS if you haven't seen it.)
Even though not everyone is married, someone has some sort of inlaw somewhere...whether it be parents-in-law, sisters/brothers-in-law, or children-in-law. Let's chat about it! (By the way, after I finish posting this, I'm on my way to the kitchen to bake an apple pie for my father-in-law's birthday...I have in-laws on the brain!)
1) How many official in-laws do you have? (Don't count cousins...it's too hard.)
none... I've got no biological family and no legal family so no in-law family...
2) Do you love your in-laws or hate your in-laws?
so this makes this particular meme thing quite moot for me, huh?...
3) What is the most annoying thing that your in-laws have ever done?
probably have the audacity to not exist so I have nothing clever to say in this week's Sunday Brunch...
4) What is the funniest thing that your in-laws have ever done?
5) Do your in-laws have a tradition that you like that you have incorporated into your own family?
ummmm, I would if I had either...
Have a great weekend!
Sunday, April 24
1) If you have pets, name what pets you have, ages, types, colors, and anything else that you want to describe about your pets. Post pictures if you have them!
no pets at the moment... once I had a dog named Happy Dog... she was a happy dog... the family who I left her with in Toronto put her to sleep... I don't think she was very happy about that... it still hurts, which is why I try to joke about it... badly...
2) What is your dream pet? (That is, what animal would you own if money, state laws, space, allergies, were not an objection?)
dunno... I believe all life forms have a right to be free so I don't really believe in ownership of anything alive... heck, I don't really believe in ownership of anything, for that matter... I'd make a good Santa...
3) Are you a cat or dog person? Is your spouse a cat or dog person? If it is different, does it affect your relationship in any way?
both, but probably more dog than cat because I'm more laid back and relaxed than finicky and aloof... my spouse does not exist, so feel free to apply for the position if you think you're really crazy enough...
4) Describe your first pet from childhood that your family owned. Post a picture if you have one.
my few adopted families never owned pets... I kept a fishtank as a teen... freshwater tropical fish... they had babies and ate them... kind of like my adopted families...
5) What is your favorite activity to do with your pets? Give a good funny story about something interesting your pets did, if you have one.
I used to walk around downtown Toronto with Happy Dog, especially Kensington Market where we'd stop and say hello to store owners and they toss Happy some food for being good and sitting at my heel... Happy was sent to me via airplane by a friend up north when I moved to Florida because she was wild and feral and would not get along with my friend's other dogs... it took months of intensive daily training to convince Happy that she did not have to be feral and could trust people and herself to act friendly and safe in public places... after about a year we could walk anywhere without a leash (I really did not like having a leash on) and find fun and friendly people and other animals to visit and play with and Happy learned a lot of words like heel, stay, stop, come, go, get, give, run, home, grass, flower (to keep her out of flower beds), and so on and also some neat tricks (she retrieved well, would follow the point of my finger if sent somewhere and would return when called, for instance)...
< last one < < < < BURP! > > > >next one >
we interrupt these seemingly mindless dots for a word from (or at least about our sponsor (hmmm, sponsor?... what's the opposite of sponsor?)... anyway, now, as ado-less as possible, the word for you or andrew)...
AND WHATDYA MISS?
once upon a diaryland
babbling through computer concerns
leave a note?
(read archived notes)
send me mail?
you want to know me?
202 More Things
202 Things Again
have time, love words?
(where the heart dreams)
and now, in RealTime�
DO ME WRONG!
(but do me right)
(the dark side of candoor)
A Diaryland Survey
your profile matters
(search for you & find me)
get your own!
saturn rings and other places
where've ya been?
LOOK AT YOUR CHILD
STOP THE ABUSE
(GET THE CODE)
THOUGHTS ON GOD
( temporary attractions )
BACK TO #1 @ GOOGLE!
WAS #1 @ MSN!
(for a while, now on page
who links here
Globe of Blogs
~ BLOGLINKERS ~
~ BLOGROLLING ~
(PREVIOUS TEMPORARY ATTRACTIONS)
Orange Blossom Music Festival
Deland Music Festival
and if you want to leave
take good care
hope you make a lot
of true friends out there